Weirdly Gruesome is a recurring character of the original series, The Flintstones during the show's run. He is the patriarch of The Gruesome Family and was Fred Flintstone's creepy neighbor during the original show's fifth season.
Weirdly and his family were the first attempt at giving the Flintstones' a spooky neighboring family to take advantage of the reinvigorated monster craze caused by The Addams Family, The Munsters and the classic monster films by Hammer and Universal Studios, with Weirdly himself drawing many similarities from Gomez Addams.
Weirdly is an unusual and creepy man on first impression, but he is actually quite friendly and jovial.
Weirdly is a short individual who, like the rest of his family, is a green-skinned humanoid being similar in nature to a goblin. Weirdly also has green hair that covers his eyes, rather hairy arms, fangs and a small mustache and he wears a purple loin-cloth. In the final episode, "The Birthday Present" from The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show, he has taupe-brown hair, grayish-tan skin and wears a brown loin-cloth.
- The Flintstones
- The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show
- The New Fred and Barney Show
- "Fred and Barney Meet the Frankenstones" (last appearance)
- However the Gruesomes longevity and prominence in following Flintstones media of the twentieth century would not be as prevalent as that of The Frankenstones, a succeeding creepy family that proved more popular than the Gruesomes and would appear in more sequel media and even receive their own animated segments.
- However the Gruesomes would continue to be remembered by future audiences due to more regular reruns of the original series, The Flintstones than reruns of its spin-offs and sequels.