A hackneyed spy movie turns serious when the villainous Stonefinger and his henchmen suddenly come to life and begin to menace Fred and Barney. It takes Gazoo's magical powers to get the situation straightened out.
On returning to homes from a secret agent movie (From Crusher With Love) at the Bedrock Drive-in, the Flintstones and Rubbles comment that their lives lack excitement. Gazoo offers some adrenaline-surging thrills to Fred and Barney, and the cavemen are unenthusiastic about any more troublesome magic by Gazoo. Unbeknown to them, what they crave is actually already in its beginning stages.
SPLERSH, an international crime syndicate, thinks that Barney is Dr. Rockinheimer, a wealthy, foreign scientist with a secret formula for converting ordinary stone into uraniumrock, and who, apart from beard, mustache, and eye-glasses, resembles Barney. This belief is given credence when members of the syndicate observe Fred and Barney cavorting in a fancy car provided to them by Gazoo. Complications involving the car also include $50 speeding and parking tickets.
Fred and Barney order Gazoo to teleport the car into oblivion- and for Gazoo to go away and never come back. SPLERSH then abducts Fred and Barney, and its stone-fingered leader (Stonefinger) demands that Barney surrender the formula, or die, Barney and Fred both, at the jaws of a horrorsaurus, a huge, vicious carnivore. Fred and Barney plead for Gazoo to help them, and Gazoo appears at their side and reduces the monster and the criminals to infancy, freeing the grateful Fred and Barney.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble (no lines)
- The Great Gazoo
- Stonefinger (only appearance)
- Crusher (only appearance)
- Polarock camera
- Hot Dogs
- Horrorsaurus (only appearance)
- Squirrelsaurus (as a brush)
- Brontosaurus (as Bronto-Burgers)
- Maserocki (only appearance)
- From Crusher with Love (movie)
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl||Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc||Barney Rubble|
|Gerry Johnson||Betty Rubble|
|Harvey Korman||The Great Gazoo|
- Dr. Orloff Rockenheimer is a reference to J. Robert Oppenheimer, who helped develop the atomic bomb.
- The horrorsaurus looks a lot like Doris the finkasaurus from "Son of Rockzilla".
- The sports car is a Maserocki which is the spoof of a Maserati.
- Hoppy and Dino are only absent in this episode.
- This episode contains references to James Bond. For example, the title of the movie being shown at the drive-in, From Crusher with Love, is a take on the James Bond movie, From Russia with Love.
- Also, the villain Stonefinger, is a take on the James Bond villain Goldfinger.
- None known.
|Season 6 of The Flintstones|
|"No Biz Like Show Biz" • "The House That Fred Built" • "The Return of Stony Curtis" • "Disorder in the Court" • "Circus Business" • "Samantha" • "The Great Gazoo" • "Rip Van Flintstone" • "The Gravelberry Pie King" • "The Stonefinger Caper" • "The Masquerade Party" • "Shinrock A Go-Go" • "Royal Rubble" • "Seeing Doubles" • "How to Pick a Fight with Your Wife Without Really Trying" • "Fred Goes Ape" • "The Long, Long, Long Weekend" • "Two Men on a Dinosaur" • "The Treasure of Sierra Madrock" • "Curtain Call at Bedrock" • "Boss for a Day" • "Fred's Island" • "Jealousy" • "Dripper" • "My Fair Freddy" • "The Story of Rocky's Raiders"|