"The Most Beautiful Baby in Bedrock" is the tenth episode of the fifth season and the one hundred and twenty-fourth overall episode of the original series, The Flintstones. It aired on November 19, 1964.
Relations between the Flintstones and Rubbles deteriorate rapidly when Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are both entered in the Water Buffalo Lodge's baby beauty contest. Not only are Fred and Barney squabbling, but Wilma and Betty angrily diverge too.
Fred and Barney both strive to secure votes for their respective child among the Bedrock public, and the competition escalates to rival ice cream vending trucks, giant billboards, and picnics with free food for all. When Fred and Barney begin physically fighting, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm wander away from the picnic site, and Flintstones and Rubbles reconcile in their successful search for their missing babies.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Sam Slagheap
- Joe Rockhead
- Waldo (only appearance)
- Muscles (only appearance)
- Sophia Rockabridgia (only appearance, as Julietta)
- Marcello Pebblian (only appearance, as Rockeo)
- Montegranite (only appearance)
- Charlie Capulet (only appearance)
- Manny, Moe and Jack (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Rubble home
- Bedrock Drive-in Theater
- Water Buffalo Lodge
- Pizza Parlor (only appearance)
- Car key
- Golf clubs
- Readling lamp
- Poker chips
- Picket signs
- Squirter gun (only appearance)
- Mallet (only appearance)
- Plunger (only appearance)
- Dino Piggy Bank (only appearance)
- Ballot slabs (only appearance)
- Ballot Box barrell (only appearance)
- Brontosaurus (as Bronto-Fritters and Bronto-Ribs)
- Triceratops (as a Palezoic Pictures mascot)
- Mammoth (as a vacuum cleaner and a water hose)
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Gerry Johnson|| Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|Henry Corden|| Monte|
|Doug Young|| Capulet|
- Rockeo and Julietta and William Shalespeer are spoofs of William Shakespeare's play, Romeo and Juliet.
- The last house Fred and Barney campaign at, is resided by three guys, Manny, Moe and Jack that resembles Curly, Larry, and Moe from The Three Stooges.
- Clips from this episode were used in Son of the Mask.
- This is the first episode to feature Henry Corden, who would become the replacement as Fred's voice after Alan Reed's death in 1977. Corden is also Fred's 'singing voice' in the 1966 feature film, The Man Called Flintstone.
- This is the first of several episodes parodying Romeo and Juliet. The movie Rockeo and Julietta stars Sophia Rockabridgida (Sophia Lollabridgida, again) and Marcello Pebbliani (Marcello Marstrianni). Their parents are Montegranite (Montague) and Charlie Capulet.
- None known.
|Season 5 of The Flintstones|
|"Hop Happy" • "Monster Fred" • "Itty Bitty Fred" • "Pebbles' Birthday Party" • "Bedrock Rodeo Round-Up" • "Cinderellastone" • "A Haunted House is Not a Home" • "Dr. Sinister" • "The Gruesomes" • "The Most Beautiful Baby in Bedrock" • "Dino and Juliet" • "King for a Night" • "Indianrockolis 500" • "Adobe Dick" • "Christmas Flintstone" • "Fred's Flying Lesson" • "Fred's Second Car" • "Time Machine" • "The Hatrocks and the Gruesomes" • "Moonlight and Maintenance" • "Sheriff for a Day" • "Deep in the Heart of Texarock" • "The Rolls Rock Caper" • "Superstone" • "Fred Meets Hercurock" • "Surfin' Fred"|