Fred and Barney fight, when they have the same costume for a masquerade party. Fred decides to get another costume, but causes panic with his realistic alien mask.
Fred and Barney are rivals for the new bowling ball prize for best costume at the Water Buffalo Lodge's masquerade party. Both choose the same red Devil costume (pitchfork and all) and fight over who selected the costume first. Fred decides to try another costume, which he intends to keep secret until he arrives at the party.
His spaceman costume coincides with Flippo Records and radio station KNBD's promotion of a musical group, the sandwich-like Way-Outs, in which a bogus report of an alien invasion is transmitted, and everyone thinks that Fred, solo-driving his car to the party and beset with a flat tire, is one of the invaders! Fred meets the Way-Outs, rides with them on their tour bus, and invites them to join him at the masquerade party.
But the masquerade party attendees react violently to the arrival of the presumed hostile "space aliens", before Fred's exasperated growl from inside of his costume is recognised by Wilma. Fred and the Way-Outs perform a song at the party.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Sam Slagheap
- Jamie (only appearance)
- The Beasties (only appearance)
- The Way-Outs (only appearance)
- Eddie (only appearance)
- Sam Sandstone (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Water Buffalo Lodge
- Bedrock Police Station
- Flippo Record Company (only appearance)
- Radio Station
- Devil costumes (only appearance)
- Pitchforks (only appearance)
- Taxi cab
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Gerry Johnson||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|Allan Melvin||Car 7 Policeman|
|Doug Young||Sam Slagheap|
- The storyline was inspired by Orson Welles' infamous War of the Worlds radio broadcast of 1938.
- This time, the Flintstones' address is 342 Gravelpit Terrace, and they have a huge front gate and address marker.
- This episode is a remake of The Honeymooners episode, "The Man from Space".
- When we first see Eddie, the radio announcer, his hair is blond. But in the second shot of him, a minute later, his hair is a reddish color.
- Outside the windows of the house of Julia's friend it is daytime, but outside her front door it is night. *When the Wayouts arrive at the radio station, their manager states that the station name is 'KFWB' while the sign above the door clearly shows the letters 'KNBD'.
|Season 6 of The Flintstones|
|"No Biz Like Show Biz" • "The House That Fred Built" • "The Return of Stony Curtis" • "Disorder in the Court" • "Circus Business" • "Samantha" • "The Great Gazoo" • "Rip Van Flintstone" • "The Gravelberry Pie King" • "The Stonefinger Caper" • "The Masquerade Party" • "Shinrock A Go-Go" • "Royal Rubble" • "Seeing Doubles" • "How to Pick a Fight with Your Wife Without Really Trying" • "Fred Goes Ape" • "The Long, Long, Long Weekend" • "Two Men on a Dinosaur" • "The Treasure of Sierra Madrock" • "Curtain Call at Bedrock" • "Boss for a Day" • "Fred's Island" • "Jealousy" • "Dripper" • "My Fair Freddy" • "The Story of Rocky's Raiders"|