In trying to organize a birthday party for his daughter, Pebbles and a Lodge party on the same night, Fred mixes things up. As a result, Rocko the Clown shows up to the Lodge party, while the Boulderettes arrive at the Flintstones' home to entertain the tots.
A bumbling caterer hired by Fred to provide same-night entertainment at Pebbles' birthday party and at the Water Buffalo Lodge incorrectly sends soda pop and Rocko the Clown to the Lodge and cactus juice and dancing girls (the ravishing Boulderettes) to Pebbles' party at the Flintstone residence. The scapegoat is, of course, Fred, for Wilma and Fred's brother Buffalos. Wilma is furious with Fred, who strives to prevent illicit juvenile revels at home and to stop a riot at the Lodge.
While at the Lodge, Fred is attacked by his irritable Lodge brothers, who have already humiliated Rocko by pinning a donkey's tail on his rear. After one of the Flintstones' neighbors telephones the Bedrock P.D., everyone at both parties is arrested, and the caterer is summoned to account for his disastrous confusion. He readily admits to his mistake, for he is the only caterer in town and thus apparently in no danger of losing clientele.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Baby Puss
- Sam Slagheap
- The Boulderettes (only appearance)
- Rocko the Clown (only appearance)
- Harriet and Harry (only appearance)
- Alligators Ragtime Band Plus Two (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Rubble home
- Water Buffalo Lodge
- Cobblestone Caterers (only appearance)
- Bedrock Police Station
- Service station (only appearance)
- Cactus Juice
- Soda Pop
- Poker cards
- Saber-Toothed Cat
- Pterodactyl (as a hard-boiled Pterodactyl egg)
- Brontosaurus (as a police car)
- Turtlesaurus (as a tire jack)
- Gatorsaurus (as part of the Alligators Ragtime Band Plus Two)
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Gerry Johnson|| Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|John Stephenson|| Sam Slagheap|
Rocko the Clown
|Doug Young|| Guy #3|
- The turtlesaurus is named Jack, the brontosaurus is Elsie, and two gophersauruses are named Harriet and Harry.
- One of the very few episodes where we see the Flintstones' pet saber toothed cat, Baby Puss, who throws Fred out of the house during the closing credits of each episode. Not only that, but in this episode, the cat himself actually talks.
- This episode was used as a major plot device from the episode of the fourth season, "Sixteen Candles and 400-Pound Men" on Boy Meets World in 1996.
- The quick high leg-kicking blonde dancing girls, [on the floor] are six. When they popped out of Pebbles' extra-large birthday cake, there were ten blonde dancing girls. They came out of a disguised cardboard box, that looks like an extra large cake, extremely quick, before their quick high leg kick continuous dancing, through out the remainder of the mistakes, by the short-memory caterer.
|Season 5 of The Flintstones|
|"Hop Happy" • "Monster Fred" • "Itty Bitty Fred" • "Pebbles' Birthday Party" • "Bedrock Rodeo Round-Up" • "Cinderellastone" • "A Haunted House is Not a Home" • "Dr. Sinister" • "The Gruesomes" • "The Most Beautiful Baby in Bedrock" • "Dino and Juliet" • "King for a Night" • "Indianrockolis 500" • "Adobe Dick" • "Christmas Flintstone" • "Fred's Flying Lesson" • "Fred's Second Car" • "Time Machine" • "The Hatrocks and the Gruesomes" • "Moonlight and Maintenance" • "Sheriff for a Day" • "Deep in the Heart of Texarock" • "The Rolls Rock Caper" • "Superstone" • "Fred Meets Hercurock" • "Surfin' Fred"|