Fred dreams that Arnold the delivery boy plans to marry Pebbles in the future and that he cannot stop the wedding.
Fred detests Arnold, the newspaper delivery boy. Not only is the lad smug and condescending to elder Fred; not only does he repeatedly hit Fred in the face with the stone-forged journal and sell it to him at full price in a chipped condition; not only does he defeat Fred at virtually every game, including table tennis, with Fred wagering and losing money; but also he has attentions toward Pebbles, or so Fred perceives.
And when Arnold quips about someday marrying Pebbles, Fred retorts that it will be a cold day in Bedrock before such an event will happen. Fred promptly has a highly surreal nightmare about this precise scenario. On a bitterly cold, snowy day, fully grown Arnold and Leonard Bernstone music-loving Pebbles are scheduled for noontime marriage at "the Little Church".
An aged Fred struggles to prevent the nuptials, although Wilma is in favor of the ceremony- and Fred is ultimately powerless to stop his beloved daughter from wedding Satan's spawn, who, in addition to replacing Fred in every capacity from dinosaur lift operator to bowling and snooker champion and being elected as Grand Poobah of the Loyal Order of Water Buffalos, continues to deliver newspapers to his stalwart customers.
Pebbles throws her bouquet to her fretting father, and it transforms into one of Arnold's kamikaze journals, Fred's head incurring its impact. As Arnold and Pebbles depart for their honeymoon on the back of a flying mastodon, Fred, at the climax of frustration, awakens. He implores Pebbles never to "grow up" and vows never to allow Arnold to enamour her.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Mr. Slate
- Joe Rockhead
- Pearl Slaghoople (mentioned)
- Harold (only appearance)
- Harold's wife (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Pool Hall
- Bowling alley
- Water Buffalo Lodge
- The Little Church (only appearance)
- The Big Church (only appearance)
- Table tennis (only appearance)
- Table tennis racquets (only appearance)
- Table tennis ball (only appearance)
- Betty's car
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Bea Benaderet||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Arnold|
|John Stephenson|| Mr. Slate|
Little Church Minister
|Janet Waldo|| Teenage Pebbles|
- In Fred's dream, Pebbles and Arnold have aged to perhaps her early twenties. But he, Wilma, Barney and Betty have aged at least forty years on the assumption they're in their thirties in 'reality'.
- This is the only episode to feature Pebbles as a teenager. She was voiced by Janet Waldo, who later played the role of Judy Jetson in The Jetsons.
- Eight years later, she appeared again in her teenage form in the spin-off, The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show.
- Goldirocks and the Three Dinosaurs is the spoof of a fairy tale, Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- Water Buffalo Lodge was labeled as Water Buffalo Hall.
- Leonard Bernstone is a spoof of Leonard Bernstein.
- None known.
|Season 4 of The Flintstones|
|"Ann-Margrock Presents" • "Groom Gloom" • "Little Bamm-Bamm" • "Dino Disappears" • "Fred's Monkeyshines" • "The Flintstone Canaries" • "Glue for Two" • "Big League Freddie" • "Old Lady Betty" • "Sleep On, Sweet Fred" • "Kleptomaniac Pebbles" • "Daddy's Little Beauty" • "Daddies Anonymous" • "Peek-a-Boo Camera" • "Once Upon a Coward" • "Ten Little Flintstones" • "Fred El Terrifico" • "The Bedrock Hillbillies" • "Flintstone and the Lion" • "Cave Scout Jamboree" • "Room for Two" • "Ladies' Night at the Lodge" • "Reel Trouble" • "Son of Rockzilla" • "Bachelor Daze" • "Operation Switchover"|