Fred is cast as "Hercurock" in a new film; he finds the life of a star, and Wilma the life of a star's wife, not to be all that they thought.
Go Go Ravine, director of a film production of Hercurock and the Maidens, decides to look in Bedrock for someone fit to star as Hercurock. He finds what seems to be the perfect man for the part, a ditch-digger, who is really a midget with a muscular upper body.
Ravine then notices Fred at work on a Saturday afternoon at Slate's rock quarry and watches as Fred saves Barney's life from a boulder accidentally dropped from Fred's dinosaur-lift while Barney, awaiting the end of Fred's labor shift, is practising his golf swing.
Edified by Fred's heroism, Ravine offers the part of Hercurock to Flintstone, who is naturally delighted to play the starring role. What Fred does not realise, however, is that Ravine expects him to do all of his own stunts, among them standing in the midst of an avalanche of boulders, retaining a stone wall against a stampede of mastodon-elephants, and riding an uncontrollable, dinosaur-pulled chariot.
Wilma is furious and outraged at the exploitation of her husband and demands that Fred be released from his contract- and Barney is hired by Ravine to substitute for Fred in the final scene, in which Hercurock is surrounded by beautiful women.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Joe Rockhead
- Mr. Slate (mentioned)
- Go Go Ravine (only appearance)
- Lew Wasserock (only mentioned)
- Sam Shale (only appearance)
- Slave Girls (only appearance)
- Trainer (only appearance)
- Chauffeur (only appearance)
- Elroy Stonemacher (only appearanace)
- Stone Pitt (only mentioned)
- Mervin Marblehead (only mentioned)
- Chip Chunk (only mentioned)
- Punching bag (only appearance)
- Jumping rope (only appearance)
- Medicine ball (only appearance)
- Barney's car
- Fred's car
|Alan Reed|| Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Gerry Johnson||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|Mike Road||Go-Go Ravine|
- Mr. Wasserock is based upon 1950s movie producer Lew Wasserman.
- Fred gets the stage name of Rock Quarry which is also the name of another actor who was featured in the episode, The Rock Quarry Story.
- Fred's voice actor, Alan Reed said "Ood-abbad-abbay", which "Yabba-Dabba-Doo!" was spelt backwards.
- Hercurock is a spoof of the mythological and legendary Greek hero, Hercules.
- The word, "Colossal" was spelt incorrectly as "Collossal."
|Season 5 of The Flintstones|
|"Hop Happy" • "Monster Fred" • "Itty Bitty Fred" • "Pebbles' Birthday Party" • "Bedrock Rodeo Round-Up" • "Cinderellastone" • "A Haunted House is Not a Home" • "Dr. Sinister" • "The Gruesomes" • "The Most Beautiful Baby in Bedrock" • "Dino and Juliet" • "King for a Night" • "Indianrockolis 500" • "Adobe Dick" • "Christmas Flintstone" • "Fred's Flying Lesson" • "Fred's Second Car" • "Time Machine" • "The Hatrocks and the Gruesomes" • "Moonlight and Maintenance" • "Sheriff for a Day" • "Deep in the Heart of Texarock" • "The Rolls Rock Caper" • "Superstone" • "Fred Meets Hercurock" • "Surfin' Fred"|