Grandma Dynamite, a TNT-stick-throwing, masked, sexagenarian bank robber, and her burly grandson-accomplice, Sonny, have plundered the First, Second, and Third National Banks and require a place to craftily hide themselves while police are cordoning and probing Bedrock for them. They are in a park, ruminating about this situation, when they overhear fellow park-visitors Fred and Barney's talk about Fred needing a competent housekeeper while Wilma is pregnant.
All of the Bedrock Employment Agency's housekeepers have proven unsuitable in service to the Flintstones (Peaches was a glutton who selfishly depletes Fred's icebox food supply; Bubbles was too tightly self-scheduled, and Fred and Wilma were not permitted the time that they require to eat Bubbles' cooking), and Wilma will summon the aid of her mother, whom Fred detests, unless Fred can find acceptable housewife's help. Grandma Dynamite decides to pose as Flintstone housekeeper "Dinah" and, in the park, approaches and effortlessly convinces Fred to hire her.
"Dinah" uses her supply of dynamite to explosively open the stubborn door of the Flintstone icebox, and Wilma questions the sanity of "Dinah" and Fred's judgement in housekeeper selection. "Dinah" and Sonny have planned an excursion to downtown Bedrock to obtain some items, including "lettuce", but Sonny's driver's licence is suspended, and Fred offers to transport "Dinah" and her grandson to what he thinks will be the Bedrock Market. However, "Dinah" and Sonny direct Fred to the parking space outside of the Fourth National Bank, where Grandma Dynamite "strikes again", and Fred discovers that his is the getaway vehicle for the notorious criminals, with him as their hostage.
The three return to the home of Flintstone, where Wilma's mother, Pearl Slaghoople contacted and invited by Wilma to house-keep after Wilma observed "Dinah"'s bizarre behavior with the icebox door dynamite blast, single-handedly "throw(s) out the trash" (i.e. the explosive elderly larcenist and her kin), but her suitcase is identical to and is confused with that of Grandma Dynamite, and when the police quest for the still-at-large Grandma Dynamite extends to Fred's house, two dedicated constables witness mother-in-law opening what she thinks is her suitcase and finding the bank robbery booty inside. They promptly arrest her, much to Fred's amusement!
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Dino (mentioned)
- Pearl Slaghoople
- Ms. Keystone (only appearance)
- Bertha (only appearance)
- Bubbles (only appearance)
- Peaches (only appearance)
- Ziegfried (only appearance)
- Grandma Dynamite (only appearance)
- Sonny (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Bedrock Employment Agency (only appearance)
- Bedrock National Forest (in a billboard)
- Second National Bank of Bedrock (only appearance)
- Third National Bank of Bedrock (only mentioned in a news-slab)
- Fourth National Bank of Bedrock (only appearance)
- Fifth National Bank of Bedrock (only appearance)
- Morning Pebble, Evening Shale and Daily Blast news-slabs
- Money suitcase (only appearance)
- Rock Bell Phone
- Alarm Clock
- Stegosaurus (as a Stego-Mower)
- Pterodactyl (as hedge clippers and Pterodactyl Egg Souffle)
- Mammoth (as a kitchen faucet)
- Brontosaurus (as a Bronto-Drumstick)
- Grandma Dynamite's car (only appearance)
- Brick's Armored Car (only appearance)
- Police cars
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl||Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc||Barney Rubble|
|Bea Benaderet||Betty Rubble|
|June Foray||Grandma Dynamite|
|Verna Felton||Pearl Slaghoople|
- This is the second of the four episodes in the Birth of Pebbles story arc. The other episode featured in the arc was, "Mother-in-Law's Visit".
- The elephant is called Egbert and the radio announcer is called Joe.
- A nearby park is the Bedrock National Forest.
- The episode takes its title from an old comic strip Foxy Grandpa which ran in the early part of the 20th century.
- The TV series Guess My Line is from the show What's My Line?.
- There are two bloopers, in one, Fred's alarm clock goes from 7 a.m. to 5 a.m. In another, Wilma's mouth disappears.
|Season 3 of The Flintstones|
|"Dino Goes Hollyrock" • "Fred's New Boss" • "Barney the Invisible" • "Bowling Ballet" • "The Twitch" • "Here's Snow in Your Eyes" • "The Buffalo Convention" • "The Little Stranger" • "Baby Barney" • "Hawaiian Escapade" • "Ladies' Day" • "Nuthin' But the Tooth" • "High School Fred" • "Dial 'S' for Suspicion" • "Flash Gun Freddie" • "The Kissing Burglar" • "Wilma the Maid" • "The Hero" • "The Surprise" • "Mother-in-Law's Visit" • "Foxy Grandma" • "Fred's New Job" • "The Dress Rehearsal" • "Carry On, Nurse Fred" • "Ventriloquist Barney" • "The Big Move" • "Swedish Visitors" • "The Birthday Party"|