It is Fred's car and his signature mode of transportation. For example, Fred's drives it every day to get to work on time at the Slate Rock and Gravel Company and then after work, he drives it to get to his home and also other places in Bedrock wherever he goes, including the Bedrock Drive-in Theater at night to watch a movie with the gang including his best pal, Barney Rubble, his wife Wilma and her friend, Betty, along with Dino, Baby Puss, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm from the iconic theme song, Meet the Flintstones. Although Wilma has rarely driven it aside from a handful of rare occasions.
- In its first appearance, the wooden parts of the Flintmobile were brown instead of red.
- In "The Big Bank Robbery" the Flintmobile's license plate number is XYZ-643.
- In said episode, the Flintmobile was given a noticeably large trunk and a glass windshield.
- According to The Flintstones' Wacky Inventions, Fred's Flintmobile is a '93 Canopysaurus.
- The Flintmobile along with the Loggin Continental have been used as the basis for kiddie rides for decades.