Fred and Barney are forced to serve on the jury of a notorious criminal, Elroy Quartzstone. However, when he is convicted he vows to take deadly revenge on Fred.
Fred is a reluctant jury foreman who must deliver a guilty verdict in the criminal trial of the bulky Elroy Quartzstone. Mangler's offenses against the society of Bedrock include assault and battery, aggravated assault upon a police officer, and driving a stolen car without rear licence plate away from his robbery of jewels.
Vowing deadly revenge upon Fred, the Mangler promptly escapes jail and terrorizes the Flintstones and Rubbles. Fred is especially fearful, of course, and when police detective Shale, secretly observing the two families at Barney's Echorock Lake retreat to insure their safety, is mistaken by Fred for the murderous malefactor, he is stricken unconscious by Fred and Barney, who are horrified to find that they have incapacitated the wrong man.
The Mangler arrives for real at the Echorock Lake Flintstone/Rubble hideaway and steps by accident on Bamm-Bamm's miniature choo-choo, which sends the brawny desperado reeling into a wall. Fred is deemed a hero for facilitating the recapture of the menacing Mangler.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Elroy Quartzstone (only appearance)
- Mrs. Quartzstone (only appearance)
- Detective Shale (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Rubble home
- Cobblestone County Courthouse (only appearance)
- Echorock Lake (only appearance)
- Court summons (only appearance)
- Bamm-Bamm's miniature choo-choo train (only appearance)
- Paint bucket
- Rock Bell Phone
- Police car
- Bedrock News (radio news broadcast)
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl||Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc||Barney Rubble|
|Gerry Johnson||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick||Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|Daws Butler||Detective Shale|
|Henry Corden||Elroy Quartzstone|
- The title of this episode was based on the 1936 film of the same name that featured the vaudeville comedian trio, The Three Stooges.
- The jury discussion scene is a parody of Twelve Angry Men.
- When Detective Shale knocks at Fred's door, he is wearing a blue suit. As he enters the door, he now wears a yellow suit.
|Season 6 of The Flintstones|
|"No Biz Like Show Biz" • "The House That Fred Built" • "The Return of Stony Curtis" • "Disorder in the Court" • "Circus Business" • "Samantha" • "The Great Gazoo" • "Rip Van Flintstone" • "The Gravelberry Pie King" • "The Stonefinger Caper" • "The Masquerade Party" • "Shinrock A Go-Go" • "Royal Rubble" • "Seeing Doubles" • "How to Pick a Fight with Your Wife Without Really Trying" • "Fred Goes Ape" • "The Long, Long, Long Weekend" • "Two Men on a Dinosaur" • "The Treasure of Sierra Madrock" • "Curtain Call at Bedrock" • "Boss for a Day" • "Fred's Island" • "Jealousy" • "Dripper" • "My Fair Freddy" • "The Story of Rocky's Raiders"|