Hostilities begin with Fred responding to loud-mouthed neighbor, Mr. Loudrock's edict that he needs to be quiet on his own property while he is enjoying a backyard sunbath, by activating his lawn sprinkler and spraying water over the fence separating Flintstone and his premises and onto his face.
Loudrock retaliates first by knotting Matilda, the mastodon-sprinkler's trunk, then by throwing a lawn weed onto Fred's head. Fred protests and so, Loudrock lifts and drops the stone fence onto his feet and tickles them! When Fred later learns that he has acquired a guard dog (dinosaur) that bites his hand, he prepares Dino for a confrontation with the enemy's pet, but it is love at first sight when Dino finds that Loudrock's dinosaur is female.
The predictable outcome is Dino and Loudrock's girl dinosaur mate and beget 15 babies, which "in-laws" Fred and Loudrock form an uneasy alliance to give away to the people of Bedrock.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Mr. Loudrock (only appearance)
- Juliet (only appearance)
- Juliet's puppies (only appearance)
- Matilda (only appearance)
- Doctor (only appearance)
- Flintstone home
- Bowling alley
- Musclerock Health Club (only appearance)
- New Rock Shell (mentioned)
- Punching bag
- Jump rope
- Tennis racquets
- Fred's car
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Gerry Johnson||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Henry Corden||Mr. Loudrock|
- This is quite possibly the most irritating episode of The Flintstones, consisting mostly of Fred's verbal and physical sparring with a new and obnoxious neighbor, Mr. Loudrock.
- This is the first episode to feature Henry Corden, who would become the replacement as Fred's voice after Alan Reed's death in 1977. Corden is also Fred's 'singing voice' in the 1966 feature film, The Man Called Flintstone.
- This episode title is a spoof of Shakespeare's play, Romeo and Juliet.
- Fred's telephone cord is missing when he and Loudrock are calling their friends about the puppies.
- Juliet has 15 puppies, although you see only 13.
|Season 5 of The Flintstones|
|"Hop Happy" • "Monster Fred" • "Itty Bitty Fred" • "Pebbles' Birthday Party" • "Bedrock Rodeo Round-Up" • "Cinderellastone" • "A Haunted House is Not a Home" • "Dr. Sinister" • "The Gruesomes" • "The Most Beautiful Baby in Bedrock" • "Dino and Juliet" • "King for a Night" • "Indianrockolis 500" • "Adobe Dick" • "Christmas Flintstone" • "Fred's Flying Lesson" • "Fred's Second Car" • "Time Machine" • "The Hatrocks and the Gruesomes" • "Moonlight and Maintenance" • "Sheriff for a Day" • "Deep in the Heart of Texarock" • "The Rolls Rock Caper" • "Superstone" • "Fred Meets Hercurock" • "Surfin' Fred"|