When Fred hears of a "most beautiful baby" contest, he of course enters Pebbles.
While "riding" on a bus, Fred and Barney overhear talk, by other male "passengers", of a beauty contest in which one of said "passengers" has entered his "baby". The prize: $500. Fred assumes that the man is referring to a baby contest and to contending that his infant is Bedrock's comeliest under-age-2 person.
Only after Fred has decided that Pebbles deserves to win the competition and has, with Barney, departed from the two men without sufficiently discussing the details of the contest with them do the men describe the contest to really be between fully grown females and that the entrant's "baby" is his adult daughter. Fred had procured from his opponent father in the contest a spare application ticket therefor.
Wilma, however, forbids Fred to flaunt Pebbles' pulchritude by admitting her in a beauty contest, prima-donna vanity not being Wilma's wish for her daughter, but Fred does so anyway, unbeknownst to Wilma. Fred bathes Pebbles and garbs her in a lampshade bathing suit as he readies his pretty baby for appearance on stage at the contest. Wilma and Betty suspect Fred and Barney of being secretive, and Wilma, mistakenly supposing of Fred to be unfaithful in marriage, so much as orders Fred and Barney to bring Pebbles with them on the evening of the contest, during which they are parting from the wives for a mysterious purpose.
The contest organizer, a balding, bespectacled man named Harry Goldbrick, objects to Fred's attempt to include a baby in the parade of Stone Age belles, and during the resultant argument between Fred and Goldbrick, Pebbles crawls onto the stage and garners approving applause from the audience and judges. Pebbles wins honorable mention as Miss Beauty of the Future in the final decision of the contest judges, and although furious with Fred's defiance of her wishes, Wilma is pleased that Pebbles' normal self-perception appears not to have been affected by her moment of glory.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Photographer (only appearance)
- Charlie (only appearance)
- Stanley (only appearance)
- Honey (only appearance)
- Harry Goldbrick (only appearance)
- Zelda Pillbrick (only appearance, no lines)
- Flintstone home
- Photography studio (only appearance)
- Main Street
- Stonestown Shopping Center (only appearance, in a billboard)
- Rock-Cola (in a billboard)
- Entry form (only appearance)
- Rock salt shaker
- Bubble bath box (only appearance)
- Mammoth (as a vacuum)
- Pterodactyl (as a cuckoo clock and a coin feeder)
- Brontosaurus (as a Ponysaurus)
- Stegosaurus (as a Roast Loin of Stegosaurus)
- Hot dog cart (only appearance)
- Betty's car
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Bea Benaderet||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
- Two of the beauty contestants are Honey and Zelda Pillbrick.
- Harry Goldbrick, Ann-Margrock's manager, is now involved in the beauty contest.
- While Fred is yelling at Barney to think of something for Pebbles to do on stage, she crawls past the two of them in her regular clothes.
|Season 4 of The Flintstones|
|"Ann-Margrock Presents" • "Groom Gloom" • "Little Bamm-Bamm" • "Dino Disappears" • "Fred's Monkeyshines" • "The Flintstone Canaries" • "Glue for Two" • "Big League Freddie" • "Old Lady Betty" • "Sleep On, Sweet Fred" • "Kleptomaniac Pebbles" • "Daddy's Little Beauty" • "Daddies Anonymous" • "Peek-a-Boo Camera" • "Once Upon a Coward" • "Ten Little Flintstones" • "Fred El Terrifico" • "The Bedrock Hillbillies" • "Flintstone and the Lion" • "Cave Scout Jamboree" • "Room for Two" • "Ladies' Night at the Lodge" • "Reel Trouble" • "Son of Rockzilla" • "Bachelor Daze" • "Operation Switchover"|