The Flintstones and the Rubbles go on a camping trip in a secluded area, but their privacy is soon invaded, when the Boy Scouts decide to camp in the same area.
Fred unknowingly dinosaur-lifts a boulder from atop a geyser in Slate Construction's rock quarry. Result: flooding of the quarry and a layoff with pay of Fred for a week to ten days while water is being drained from the quarry. Fred's idle period coincides with Barney's vacation, and the Flintstones and Rubbles opt to camp in a peace-and-quiet mountain woodland and on the advice of the Bedrock Auto Club select Shangri-La-De-Da Valley, supposedly a secluded retreat, for a relaxing, week-long stay.
However, the man at the Auto Club who recommended Shangri-La-De-Da Valley to Fred and Barney was not then privy to information that the same valley is to be the location of a huge Boy Scout meeting while the Flintstones and Rubbles will be there! During the two families' first night in Shangri-La-De-Da, Boy Scouts from throughout the Stone Age world converge on the campsite, surrounding the Flintstone and Rubble tents with hundreds of their own fabric shelters!
A Boy Scout bugles reveille into Fred's ear come morning, shattering the peace and quiet for which the Flintstones and Rubbles yearned. Scoutmaster Jones explains to protesting fellow campers Flintstone and Rubble that Shangri-La-De-Da had been designated place of the Boy Scout Jamboree long before the Flintstones and Rubbles selected it as their campground. But Fred and Barney are invited by Jones to be honorary Scoutmasters provided that Wilma and Betty permit the eager-to-please boys to cook meals (brontosaurus burgers, beans, and hot dogs) for them and escort them back and forth through the campsite.
Such is the agreement, and Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm join in the fun as Fred and Barney teach Indian rain dances to the children and conduct a Boy Scout chorus in a rendition of "Old MacDonald Had a Farm", with each of the Boy Scout international contingents providing song words in their native language.
Fred enjoys the company of the Boy Scouts so much that he extends an invitation to the boys to visit him in Bedrock whenever they feel so-inclined, and this they promptly do, surrounding the Flintstone residence as Fred and Barney repeat the "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" sing- along.
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Mr. Slate
- Joe Rockhead (mentioned)
- Charlie Cobblestone (only mentioned)
- Bill (only appearance)
- Boy Scouts (only appearance)
- Mr. Sandstone (only appearance)
- Rock Vegas (mentioned)
- Shangri-La-De-Da Valley (only appearance)
- Trumpet horn (only appearance)
- Coconut (only appearance)
- Sleeping bags
- Brontosaurus burgers
- Beans (only appearance)
- Hot dogs
- Brontosaurus (as a Bronto-Crane and Bronto-Burgers)
- Pterodactyl (as a mascot)
- Fred's storage trailer (only appearance)
- Barney's car
- Barney's storage trailer (only appearance)
- Barney's guitar
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Bea Benaderet||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
Boy Scout #2
Boy Scout #4
|John Stephenson|| Betty Rubble|
|Dick Beals|| Boy Scout #1|
Boy Scout #3
Boy Scout #5
- Barney was a Boy Scout and Fred was an Eagle Scout.
- The groups' signs aren't consistent. At first they have the names of the countries including, France (French), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Germany (German), England (English), Netherlands (Dutch), and Mexirock (Mexican); then they have the names of the languages.
- In the final verse of "Old MacDonald" the banners for each scout group switch from being the names of nations to being nationalities (e.g. the first two verses show signs like "France" and "Japan" and the last verse the signs become "Mexican" and "Dutch").
- When the scouts cheer their troop leader, they call him Mr. Sandstone. When Fred talks to him, he calls him Mr. Jones.
|Season 4 of The Flintstones|
|"Ann-Margrock Presents" • "Groom Gloom" • "Little Bamm-Bamm" • "Dino Disappears" • "Fred's Monkeyshines" • "The Flintstone Canaries" • "Glue for Two" • "Big League Freddie" • "Old Lady Betty" • "Sleep On, Sweet Fred" • "Kleptomaniac Pebbles" • "Daddy's Little Beauty" • "Daddies Anonymous" • "Peek-a-Boo Camera" • "Once Upon a Coward" • "Ten Little Flintstones" • "Fred El Terrifico" • "The Bedrock Hillbillies" • "Flintstone and the Lion" • "Cave Scout Jamboree" • "Room for Two" • "Ladies' Night at the Lodge" • "Reel Trouble" • "Son of Rockzilla" • "Bachelor Daze" • "Operation Switchover"|