The flattening of the Honeystone Hotel causes Wilma and Betty to look back to their courting of Fred and Barney, believing them to be millionaires at the hotel.
Flintstone and Rubble husbands and wives recount their first meeting as courting couples at the soon-to-be-demolished Honeyrock Hotel. In the recollected scenario, as seen in flashback, of course, Fred and Barney are low-paid summer bellhops, Wilma and Betty equally minimum-wage waitresses and cigarette providers, all in the employ of snobby fussbudget hotel manager Mr. Stoneyface.
While Fred and Barney are on duty, parking the fancy car of hotel guest, millionaire Reggie Rocks-on-Rocks, for a fifty dollar payment by said millionaire, they see Wilma and Betty reclining as a lark in another wealthy man's automobile. Fred and Barney believe Wilma and Betty to be affluent cave-girls, and vice versa when the "guys and gals" meet, none of them wanting to "own up" to being paupers for fear that they will be dismissed as unsuitable martial partners.
So, the mutual Fred/Barney, Wilma/Betty facade as lavishly propertied bachelors and maidens continues while they ride a bus (with Fred using the $50 remuneration from Rocks-on-Rocks for bus fare payment), as they partake in viewing a movie at the Cinderama, while Wilma's mother examines her prospective son-in-law, and during a masquerade party at Hotel Honeyrock, at which Wilma and Betty presume Fred and Barney's bellhop uniforms to be costumes for the occasion, and so do Fred and Barney think thus of Wilma and Betty's cigarette-girl "trappings".
Fred and Wilma are smitten with each other, and likewise is the case for Barney and Betty, such that when they are discovered by Stoneyface to be dancing when they are supposed to be working and are all together terminated from employment at the Honeyrock and exposed to be counterfeit millionaires, the two couples declare poverty to be inconsequential in bona fide mutual romantic feeling. Weddings soon follow- although Wilma's mother is displeased with Wilma's non-monied fiance!
- Fred Flintstone
- Wilma Flintstone
- Barney Rubble
- Betty Rubble
- Pebbles Flintstone
- Bamm-Bamm Rubble
- Pearl Slaghoople
- Mr. Stonyface (only appearance)
- Reggie Rocks-on-Rocks (only appearance)
- Doris (only appearance)
- Gloria (only appearance)
- Conrad Hilstone (only mentioned)
- Pamela (only unseen)
- Bus driver
- Flintstone home
- Honeyrock Hotel (only appearance)
- Cinderama (only appearance)
- Pepstone Toothpaste (only appearance in a billboard0
- Cactus Cola (in a billboard)
- El Rocko cigar (only appearance in a billboard)
- Cactus Sherbert (only appearance)
- Stegosaurus rib
- Reggie's car (only appearance)
- Rockway Bus (only appearance)
|Alan Reed||Fred Flintstone|
|Jean Vander Pyl|| Wilma Flintstone|
|Mel Blanc|| Barney Rubble|
|Bea Benaderet||Betty Rubble|
|Don Messick|| Bamm-Bamm Rubble|
|Howard Morris|| Baggage Monkey|
|Janet Waldo|| Pearl Slaghoople|
- Any continuity suggested by this episode was completely destroyed twenty-two years later in the Saturday morning series, The Flintstone Kids, in which all four main characters were depicted as childhood friends.
- Betty's given name was Betty Jean McBricker.
- The couples met sixteen years ago. In the episode The Birthday Party, from the third season, Fred was thirty-five years old. That meant that the couples were working at the Honeyrock Hotel when they were nineteen years old.
- Conrad Hilstone is a spoof of the Hilton Hotels founder, Conrad Hilton.
- Pepstone is a spoof of the toothpaste brand, Pepsodent.
- When Mr. Stoneyface fires Fred, Barney, Wilma, and Betty at the costume party, both the party guests and decorations suddenly disappear.
|Season 4 of The Flintstones|
|"Ann-Margrock Presents" • "Groom Gloom" • "Little Bamm-Bamm" • "Dino Disappears" • "Fred's Monkeyshines" • "The Flintstone Canaries" • "Glue for Two" • "Big League Freddie" • "Old Lady Betty" • "Sleep On, Sweet Fred" • "Kleptomaniac Pebbles" • "Daddy's Little Beauty" • "Daddies Anonymous" • "Peek-a-Boo Camera" • "Once Upon a Coward" • "Ten Little Flintstones" • "Fred El Terrifico" • "The Bedrock Hillbillies" • "Flintstone and the Lion" • "Cave Scout Jamboree" • "Room for Two" • "Ladies' Night at the Lodge" • "Reel Trouble" • "Son of Rockzilla" • "Bachelor Daze" • "Operation Switchover"|